At Shepherd and Wedderburn, our Real Estate team acts for a wide range of institutions, fund managers, private and publicly owned property companies, developers, occupiers, banks, land owners, educational bodies and charities in meeting their needs in the Scottish market.
It is our reputation for excellence which results in our team being consistently top-ranked by the leading independent legal directories Chambers and Partners and Legal 500.
Our market-leading Real Estate team is the front runner in development, leasing, sales, acquisitions and funding. The team has the resources, strength and depth of expertise and has delivered on some of the largest of deals in industry sectors including hospitality and leisure, development, retail, industrial and housebuilding.
Often involving highly complex cross-border funding structures, we draw on specialists from across our business to deliver innovative and tailored results. Our work with international law firms covers all bases, from guiding parties through the legal issues involved in property finance transactions involving Scottish assets to bespoke property structures tailored to meet the needs of capital market transactions.
Recent Scots Counsel Articles
- Purchasing property in Scotland during COVID-19
- Electronic signing of documents in Scotland
- Energy Efficiency Regulations
- Short-term letting: Greater regulation, licensing and control in Scotland in a post COVID-19 world?
- COVID-19 and the right to roam
- COVID-19: key issues for commercial tenants
- COVID 19: managing landlord-tenant relationships
- COVID-19: emergency changes to housing legislation in Scotland
- COVID-19: The Coronavirus (Scotland) Bill: impact on Commercial Lease Arrangements
- FAQs: signing Scots law documents in cross-border finance transactions
- Energy efficiency regulations in Scotland: warmer homes for private tenants
- Five things a buyer of a rural property needs to know
- Changes to property taxes 2019: LBTT and SDLT update
- Compulsory Sales Orders: threat or opportunity for vacant or derelict land?
- Refresh of the Countryside Code
- Scottish Budget 2019/20: proposal to raise the Additional Dwelling Supplement to 4%
- Regulations for the Register of Controlling Interests in Land
- New law on contractual rights of third parties in Scotland
- The housing land market in Scotland
- Your quick guide to the Right to Roam
- Vive la (Counterpart) Révolution
- Rent Pressure Zones: What next for PRS investors?
- Holiday letting: A cautionary tale
- The Crown Estate: Major changes underway in Scotland
- Community Right to Buy
- A change for buy-to-let mortgage lenders in Scotland: The private residential tenancy
- Scotland's place in Europe
- Disclosure of controlling interests in land – Changes afoot
- Brexit: What are the Scottish Parliament's legislative powers and limitations?
- Carrots and sticks - improving energy efficiency of non-domestic buildings
- Counterpart Signing in Scotland