At Shepherd and Wedderburn, our Real Estate team acts for a wide range of institutions, fund managers, private and publicly owned property companies, developers, occupiers, banks, land owners, educational bodies and charities in meeting their needs in the Scottish market.
It is our reputation for excellence which results in our team being consistently top-ranked by the leading independent legal directories Chambers and Partners and Legal 500.
Our market-leading Real Estate team is the front runner in development, leasing, sales, acquisitions and funding. The team has the resources, strength and depth of expertise and has delivered on some of the largest of deals in industry sectors including hospitality and leisure, development, retail, industrial and housebuilding.
Often involving highly complex cross-border funding structures, we draw on specialists from across our business to deliver innovative and tailored results. Our work with international law firms covers all bases, from guiding parties through the legal issues involved in property finance transactions involving Scottish assets to bespoke property structures tailored to meet the needs of capital market transactions.
Recent Scots Counsel Articles
- Changes to property taxes 2019: LBTT and SDLT update
- Compulsory Sales Orders: threat or opportunity for vacant or derelict land?
- Business Rates: The changing Landscape of Empty Property Relief in Scotland
- Energy Efficiency Regulations
- COVID-19 and the right to roam
- COVID-19: emergency changes to housing legislation in Scotland