We have a proven track record of resolving pension-related disputes, having acted on the successful side of the first Scottish court cases concerning the validity of pension scheme amendments related to the equalisation of the scheme normal retirement date.
The decisions in these cases changed the legal landscape in Scotland in this area, leading to the development of new legal precedent, and altering practice in a way that has been beneficial to trustees, companies and scheme administrators alike.
We work very closely with our specialist pensions team, providing clients with seamless advice in relation to pension matters, both contentious and non-contentious.
We have experience in a wide range of disputes concerning pension schemes, including:
- rectification applications to remedy errors in scheme documents;
- member complaints and claims;
- Pension Ombudsman complaints;
- applications for directions on the proper running of schemes;
- professional negligence claims against professional advisers, actuaries, administrators and solicitors; and
- defending claims of professional negligence on behalf of actuaries and administrators.