Defamation and reputation management are a concern for businesses and organisations of all sizes across all sectors. These threats can be the result of disgruntled customers, unhappy employees, media attention, police investigations, regulatory investigations, operational issues, and highly sensitive litigation.
Whatever the reputational threat, our defamation and reputation management experts can provide strategic, Board-level advice and can assist with mitigating reputational risk – for example by conducting internal investigations and reviews.
We are also experienced in advising companies and individuals who have been the subject of negative publicity in the media. Our lawyers can advise throughout the entire process, and routinely deal with public relations agencies and in-house communication teams to resolve issues quickly and effectively.
Our defamation lawyers offer 24-hour, year-round support and are able to react to issues as soon as they arise – for example, negotiating with the media or seeking emergency interdicts or injunctions.
We are also fortunate to be able to draw on the expertise within our firm from lawyers who specialise in health and safety, company and regulatory law, product liability, professional negligence and insolvency. So, whatever your issue, you will receive prompt, efficient support.
Our work includes:
- crisis management;
- reputational risk mitigation;
- defamation and malicious falsehood;
- privacy and harassment;
- misuse of confidential information;
- protection of rights and reputation online;
- comparative advertising, passing off and trade libel;
- complaints to the Office of Communications (Ofcom) and the Advertising Standards Authority (ASA);
- IP portfolio management and enforcement;
- brand protection; and
- securing third party funding to support claims.