Stephen is a corporate finance partner with over 25 years' experience of equity capital markets, mergers & acquisitions and private equity transactions. Prior to joining Shepherd and Wedderburn, he gained industry experience as general counsel for two main market listed technology companies. Stephen is also the head of our corporate division and a member of our board.
Stephen is recognised as a leading individual (for corporate) by the Legal 500 and in band 1 (for corporate) by Chambers and Partners.
Stephen principally focuses on the technology and energy sectors. He has extensive equity capital markets, mergers & acquisitions and private equity experience. Recent work includes acting for a number of high-growth technology companies and overseas corporates / investors in private equity financings and mergers & acquisitions.
Stephen's recent work includes:
- advising Omega Diagnostics on its cash box placing and open offer (2022) and on the sales of its C19 LFT business (2022) and CD4 LFT business (2022)
- advising Parsley Box on its placing and open offer (2022) and AIM IPO (2021)
- advising the selling shareholders of TV Squared in its sale to Innovid (2022) and advising TV Squared on its series C (2019) financing and series B (2018) financing
- advising the selling shareholders of Granfit Holdings in its £90m sale to Norcros plc (2022)
- advising Capricorn Energy on its US$500m VWAP tender offer (2022) and its up to US$400m sale of PSC interests in Senegal (2020)
- advising the selling shareholders of Optoscribe in its sale to an undisclosed US buyer (2022)
- advising Epic Games on the acquisitions of Tonic Games (2021), SuperAwesome (2020) and Cubic Motion (2020)
- advising Bella & Duke on its series B (2021) and series A (2020) financings
- advising the board of IndigoVision on its recommended all cash takeover by Motorola Solutions (2020)
- advising BayWa r.e. UK on the sales of the Inverclyde (2020) and Tralorg (2019) windfarms
- advising S2G Ventures, Ospraie Capital and Cleveland Avenue in their participations in the £7m series A (2019) and £42m series B (2021) equity financings of Intelligent Growth Solutions
- advising Hummingbird Ventures on a number of investments, including Automata Technologies (2021 and 2019) and Basecamp Research (2022 and 2020)
- advising Oil States Industries on a number of acquisitions
- advising the selling shareholders of DeltaDNA in its sale to Unity Software (2019)
- advising Forsa Energy in the sale of its portfolio 350MW of onshore windfarm development assets (2019)
- advising Nucleus Financial Group on its AIM IPO (2018)
- advising Aminex on its US$40m farmout of interests in the Ruvuma permit, Tanzania (2018)
- advising Fortinet in its acquisition of Zonefox (2018)