Why choose Shepherd and Wedderburn for immigration?
- Our experienced immigration and nationality lawyers Jacqueline Moore and John Vassiliou are accredited Law Society of Scotland specialists. Our in-depth knowledge of the immigration rules and regulations allows us to provide clients with a comprehensive review of their case and advice tailored to their individual needs.
- We provide clear and pragmatic advice in plain English to empower you to make informed decisions. We recognise that the immigration process can be extremely stressful. We aim to reduce that stress and give you peace of mind.
- Most immigration applications are now made digitally via online application forms and document uploading platforms. Our solicitor Jack Freeland and caseworker Kerry Adams will work with you to ensure this process runs as smoothly as possible.
- As well as supporting clients with visa and nationality issues, we can assist you and your family with buying and selling property, establishing a business, employment law queries and personal tax and estate planning.
- Our clients also benefit from access to legal specialists with relevant expertise from across our offices in Edinburgh, Glasgow, Aberdeen and London, our extensive network of trusted professional advisers including accountants, investment and wealth managers, education providers and placing consultants, and a network of lawyers in more than 45 jurisdictions.
Personal and family immigration
Jacqueline and John have particular expertise in:
- spouse visas and partner visas for families and their dependent children;
- British citizenship, including complex ancestral claims to British nationality;
- investor visas for high net worth individuals and their families;
- European nationals seeking advice on the EU Settlement Scheme;
- adoption of foreign-national children in Scotland
- adult dependant relative visas for elderly parents; and
- complex immigration litigation.
We offer fixed-fee initial consultations to advise new clients on their specific immigration or nationality issues.
What to expect from our personal immigration solicitors?
Where appropriate, we offer full legal representation and can guide you all the way through to submission of your visa or nationality application.
You can expect:
- clear jargon-free advice on rules and procedure;
- a bespoke document list containing all mandatory and recommended documentation required for your visa;
- assistance with drafting supporting statements or letters;
- a thorough review of all of your documentation and evidence;
- a tailored covering letter that addresses any complexities specific to your case; and
- assistance with completing and submitting your application forms.
For those who prefer to prepare their own applications, we offer a document checking service to review your application bundle and provide constructive feedback.
Immigration issues can be a challenge for business owners and HR professionals. Government guidance documents for employers and sponsors run into hundreds of pages. We can take the pressure off your HR department by guiding you through sponsor licence applications and providing ongoing advice in relation to recruitment of international workers.
What to expect from our business immigration solicitors?
Our immigration lawyers regularly advise on:
- relocating or establishing a business in the UK;
- obtaining and maintaining a sponsor licence;
- recruiting and retaining international staff;
- visas for religious workers;
- challenging civil penalties and revocation of sponsor licences; and
- immigration, compliance, and right to work check training for HR professionals.