We understand that our clients are under increasing pressure to address a range of complex legal and business issues while managing their legal spend.
Smarter Working is our way of helping our clients meet that challenge. In addition to providing the trusted, high quality advice for which our lawyers are renowned, we are going further by harnessing our people's knowledge and the latest technology to help them, and us, work smarter.
Our Smarter Working team draws on expertise from across our business, bringing together experts in the fields of process, automation, technology, data and knowledge to further enhance the high quality service we deliver to our clients and to provide insights that deliver genuine benefit. The team works in close collaboration with our clients to understand the challenges they face, provide solutions and support them in achieving their commercial objectives.
Our Smarter Working focus areas currently include:
- Process analysis – We work with our clients to analyse and optimise work processes, to improve efficiency and enhance client service.
- Workflow automation – We use software to help streamline work involving similar repeat transactions or cases by automating the processes involved. This allows us to work with them in a more efficient, structured and repeatable way and provide clients with access to increased visibility of progress and minimise internal time taken to compile static progress reports. We also create bespoke workflows to meet particular client needs or to address our own internal needs.
- Document automation – Our Smarter Working analysts use document automation software to automate legal and business templates, speeding up the production of first drafts, and ensuring consistency and minimising risk. As well as providing automated templates for use in daily transactional work, we also automate templates that are integrated into our applications and processes.
- Portfolio management – Our bespoke Reporting Portal allows us to easily share content, including financial data and real time case and matter updates, with clients in a secure and efficient way, giving our clients increased transparency and timely provision of information.
- Data insights – Analysing the large amount of client data we hold to provide insights that benefit our clients and help predict future trends.
Our Service Delivery Toolkit
We use a range of tools to improve efficiency and service delivery, combining the best third party tools and bespoke tools developed in-house by our Smarter Working team.
These include tools to help us scope and estimate costs for new work, manage the delivery of that work, create and check documentation quickly and effectively, and share knowledge and collaborate with our clients.
We use AI enabled machine learning software that utilises powerful search and analysis functions to enable our teams to identify issues and trends across documents quickly and spend more time delivering genuine added value for our clients.