Our team offers unrivalled, sector-wide expertise to a diverse portfolio of food and drink manufacturers, suppliers and distributors. We provide commercial solutions to issues encountered across this growing sector.
Across the food and drink sector, the constant theme is change, be that in consumer tastes, advancement of food, drink and production technologies, or navigating the ever-changing regulatory environment. Scotland’s global reputation for provenance of food and drink of the very highest quality presents a massive opportunity in the global market place.
Shepherd and Wedderburn’s international reach and unrivalled experience across the sector means we are ideally positioned to assist companies in realising both their domestic and international growth aspirations.
Our clients range from primary producers in agriculture and aquaculture through to large household name producers and manufacturers; and from small-scale to major brewers and distillers through to food and drink producers of all sizes, their suppliers, distributors and supply chains; as well as funders, investors and public sector and trade bodies.
We are trusted advisors to clients operating across the food and drink sector, on matters including:
- Acquisitions and disposals
- Product recall issues
- Joint ventures
- Health and safety/food safety compliance
- Investment, including early stage and growth capital
- Packaging and labelling
- Bank finance and security
- Supply chain liability
- IP protection and trademark registration
- Excise duty compliance
- Manufacturing and supply agreements
- Competition law compliance and investigation
- Distribution and agency agreements
- Waste management
- Expansion into overseas markets
- CHP/Closed loop energy management
To find out how our food & drink lawyers can help you, please get in touch.