Our employee share incentive lawyers work exclusively on employee share plans for a breadth of clients ranging from owner-managed businesses to FTSE 100 companies. We work closely with the firm’s experts in employment, pensions, and tax.
We support clients to introduce employee share schemes to:
- Encourage employees to take a longer-term view of their relationship with the business;
- Align employee interests with those of owners;
- Attract talented individuals to join the business and incentivise them to contribute to its success; and
- Allow both employers and employees to receive tax benefits.
Our expertise covers every stage in the life of a plan, from design and implementation to administration and evolution.
- Scheme design and initial implementation
- Ongoing operation of share schemes including grants, vestings, and the treatment of leavers
- Expanding plans to include overseas employees and advising overseas companies on implementing share plans in the UK
- Tax advice on employee share acquisitions from both an employee and employer perspective including share scheme compliance
- Evolution of share plans to ensure that they remain fit for purpose
- Executive compensation and corporate governance advice including Remuneration Committee support
- Advice on shareholder engagement
- Assistance with the impact of corporate transactions such as a change of control, asset sale or IPO
For more information on how our employee share incentive lawyers can assist you, please get in touch.