Claire is a Senior Associate in our Glasgow office. She is a member of the Private Client and Charities practice and is also a senior professional development lawyer.
Claire has wide experience of the various aspects of private client and charity law, including:
- drafting of wills, powers of attorney and living wills;
- estate planning advice to high-net-worth clients;
- dealing with the administration of trusts and estates;
- advice to charitable bodies in relation to their governing documents and ongoing duties and to trustees in relation to their responsibilities under charity and trust law; and
- liaising with the Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator in relation to the registration of new charities and the reorganization of existing bodies.
She is experienced in all aspects of estate planning and asset protection including the administration and formation of trusts, preparation of wills and powers of attorney, inheritance tax mitigation and executry administration. She has a particular interest in charity law and has considerable experience dealing with contentious and complex executries.
Claire is also a notary public and a fully qualified member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners.
She also keeps the department up to date on developments in the law and encourages innovation and use of technology.