Claire is a Senior Associate in our Glasgow office. She is a member of our private wealth and tax team. Claire is also a senior Practice Development lawyer.
Claire has wide experience of the various aspects of private wealth, tax and charity law, including:
- drafting wills, powers of attorney and living wills;
- providing estate planning advice to high-net-worth clients;
- dealing with the administration of trusts and estates;
- advising charitable bodies in relation to their governing documents and ongoing duties, and to trustees in relation to their responsibilities under charity and trust law; and
- liaising with the Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator in relation to the registration of new charities and the reorganisation of existing bodies.
Claire is experienced in all aspects of estate planning and asset protection, including the administration and formation of trusts, preparation of wills and powers of attorney, inheritance tax mitigation and executry administration.
In her Practice Development role, Claire ensures that the team has the knowledge and support required to support the team in delivering our high quality of client care. Claire has an interest in the use of technology to drive efficiencies in working practices and liaises closely with the firm's Smarter Working team.
Claire is also a notary public and a fully qualified member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners.
She also keeps the department up to date on developments in the law and encourages innovation and use of technology.
Senior Associate and Practice Development Lawyer