The "must know" contract cases of 2016
A comprehensive round-up of the significant contract law cases of 2016, our webinar explains the important legal developments in the law of contract over the past 12 months, and covers:
- notice provisions and the potentially serious consequences of failing to comply with them;
- the factors the courts will consider in interpreting penalty clauses;
- whether an oral variation can be valid where the contract provides that all variations must be in writing;
- guidance on when a 'direction' issued by a party to a contract can be considered a variation of contract; and
- when a court will conclude that a contract has been brought to an end, by the operation of frustration.
The webinar is presented by Daisy Bovingdon, a member of the Commercial Disputes team who advises clients on a variety of contractual and intellectual property matters. Daisy is joined by Alison Rochester, an associate in the Trade and Commerce team, who specialises in advising on all aspects of commercial contracts.