Our team offers high quality, incisive legal advice to our diverse portfolio of hospitality and leisure operators, drawing expertise from across the firm to offer a full range of creative, commercially aware services to our clients.
Our legal knowledge of the hospitality and leisure sector is extensive and our clients cover a broad range of operators, including golf courses, outdoor activity centres, leisure/fitness centres and caravan parks. We represent owners, managers, franchisors, developers and lenders. By working with colleagues in all practice areas, we are able to put together bespoke teams for each transaction or legal requirement.
We act for a portfolio of well-known operators across the hospitality and leisure sector, including investors, financiers and managers, advising on all aspects of hotel transactions and operations and providing a full range of creative, commercially aware services on issues ranging from property and planning to corporate, funding, brand protection, employment law, licensing, health & safety and commercial contracts.
We understand the variety of legal issues that our hospitality and leisure clients face and advise on impending changes and legislative developments that may represent a threat or offer the opportunity for growth and development.
Our expertise and industry experience spans all areas of the hospitality and leisure sector. We support private and public sector clients in Scotland, across the UK and overseas, on:
- Acquisition and disposal
- Property development and construction
- Agreements for management and leases
- Employment advice, including contracts, dismissals, union relations, tribunal claims, transfer of business issues and redundancy
- Advice on legal relationships with guests, function organisers and suppliers including terms and conditions of membership
- Liquor and entertainment licensing
- Commercial dispute resolution, including international arbitration, debt collection and customer dissatisfaction
- Advice on computer systems and booking platforms, branding and advertising
- Trade descriptions, health and safety, food hygiene and other regulatory issues
- Business and immigration law, including work permits
- Restructuring and insolvency advice
For more information on how our hospitality and leisure lawyers can help you please get in touch.