Carillion has dominated the headlines recently, but are there any lessons to be learned from the company's collapse?
We are hosting an evening seminar this March where our construction law experts will discuss important issues that have arisen out of the recent Carillion situation. While many of these issues are not new, they have been brought into sharp focus due to Carillion's recent plight. The seminar will look at:
- protecting your project from insolvency from the outset - financial diligence and stress tests, performance security, provisions for off-site materials, insurance, collateral warranties, joint bank accounts;
- bonds and guarantees - who to get them from, necessary terms and conditions; and
- dealing with insolvency - termination, getting the project to completion, enforcement of securities, insurance claims.
Refreshments will be served at registration and after the presentation, you are invited to join us for some drinks, conversation and canapes.
The full programme and speaker line up will be confirmed to registered delegates prior to the seminar.
5.15pm Registration and refreshments
6.00pm Protecting your project against insolvency
6.20pm Bonds and guarantees
6.40pm Dealing with insolvency on your project
7.00pm Networking drinks and nibbles
- Contracts and commercial managers
- Project managers and consultants
- In-house lawyers
- Client representatives
We are also holding breakfast seminars in Edinburgh and Glasgow in March 2018. Please visit the event page for more details.