- How courts interpret a contract containing potentially conflicting terms;
- Factors that a court will take in to account, in awarding damages for breach of contract;
- The test applied by the courts in determining whether goods delivered under a contract are not of satisfactory quality in terms of the Sale of Goods Act 1979;
- Developments in the court's approach to contractual interpretation; and
- The level of formality required for an oral contract to be binding.
This webinar will be particularly relevant to in-house lawyers and anyone with responsibility for entering into contracts on behalf of their organisation.
Roddy Forgie is a member of the Trade and Commerce team and specialises in advising on all aspects relating to the negotiation and drafting of commercial contracts.
Daisy Bovingdon is a member of the Commercial and International Disputes team and advises clients on a variety of disputes including breach of contract, professional negligence claims, and intellectual property.