Kick start 2017 with a round-up of the significant contract law cases of 2016.
Our webinar will explain the important legal developments in the law of contract over the past 12 months, and will cover:
- notice provisions and the potentially serious consequences of failing to comply with them;
- the factors the courts will consider in interpreting penalty clauses;
- whether an oral variation can be valid where the contract provides that all variations must be in writing;
- guidance on when a 'direction' issued by a party to a contract can be considered a variation of contract; and
- when a court will conclude that a contract has been brought to an end, by the operation of frustration.
Join our speakers when they highlight what you need to think about when getting into and out of contracts.
This webinar will be particularly relevant to in-house lawyers and anyone with responsibility for entering into contracts on behalf of their organisation.
The webinar will be presented by Daisy Bovingdon, a member of the Commercial Disputes team who advises clients on a variety of contractual and intellectual property matters. Daisy will be joined by Alison Rochester, an associate in the Trade and Commerce team, who specialises in advising on all aspects of commercial contracts.