The strategy for Maximising Economic Recovery of the UK Continental Shelf (MER UK) places a positive obligation for greater collaboration and cooperation amongst the players in the oil and gas industry. On the other hand, UK and EU competition law imposes various restrictions on competitor interactions. The key concern is the exchange of commercially sensitive information.
In our latest Oil & Gas Webinar: MER UK - The dividing line between collaboration and competition, our presenters, Gordon Downie and Aiste Slezeviciute, will cover the role of competition law and considerations for the industry. In particular, they will comment on the recent publication by the Oil and Gas Authority (OGA) on Competition and Collaboration, which sets out its position on competition law. You can read more on the topic in our recent article.
Other webinars in the series:
- Wednesday 21 September: Counterpart insolvency in the oil and gas sector (Watch the recording here)
- Wednesday 28 September: Dealing with default - Default remedies in joint operating agreements (Watch the recording here)
- Wednesday 12 October: Oil & gas case law update (Watch the recording here)
- Wednesday 26 October: International disputes in the oil and gas sector (Watch the recording here)
- Monday 5 December: MER UK - Assessing the new regulatory regime
This webinar series is particularly relevant to people working within the oil & gas industry, or advisers with clients operating in the sector.