We are hosting a series of oil and gas webinars, covering a variety of topics including identifying and mitigating counterparty default; an oil & gas case law update, and information regarding MER UK – assessing the new regulatory regime and collaboration and competition issues.
Presented by Shepherd and Wedderburn partner, David Anderson, the webinar will review a number of important decisions in oil and gas disputes decided since the beginning of the year and consider their practical application within the industry.
In particular, the webinar will examine:
- the assessment of consequential loss and limitation of liability clauses
- the interpretation of production sharing agreements
- the assessment of damages for deceit
- how best to define when drilling has commenced
Other webinars in the series:
- Wednesday 21 September: Counterpart insolvency in the oil and gas sector (Watch the recording here)
- Wednesday 28 September: Dealing with default - Default remedies in joint operating agreements (Watch the recording here)
- Wednesday 26 October: International disputes in the oil and gas sector
- Wednesday 9 November: MER UK: Assessing the new regulatory regime
- Wednesday 23 November: MER UK: The dividing line between collaboration and competition
This webinar series is particularly relevant to people working within the oil & gas industry, or advisers with clients operating in the sector.