Webinar Recording: Top contract law cases of 2017
This webinar explains some important legal developments in the law of contracts over the past 12 months, highlighting what you need to think about when getting in to and out of contracts.
Topics covered include:
- how courts interpret a contract containing potentially conflicting terms;
- factors that a court will take in to account, in awarding damages for breach of contract;
- the test applied by the courts in determining whether goods delivered under a contract are not of satisfactory quality in terms of the Sale of Goods Act 1979;
- developments in the court's approach to contractual interpretation; and
- the level of formality required for an oral contract to be binding.