The Shepherd and Wedderburn aquaculture team offers a breadth of experience to this highly significant industry.
We represent leading producers, representative organisations, landowners, feed suppliers and funders, and developers of emerging technologies, helping to position the sector for sustainable growth.
With a clear global demand for high quality Scottish seafood, and the wider need for alternative high protein foods worldwide, Scotland has set ambitious growth targets for the aquaculture sector. We are ideally placed to help you embrace this challenge.
We advise on a full range of legal services relevant to the sector including:
- Site purchase, sale and lease
- Negotiations with the Crown Estate
- Management, development and contract farming deals
- Joint ventures
- Processing agreements
- Supply agreements
- Competition Law
- Immigration Law
- Environmental permits and compliance
- Health & Safety
- Finance: debt and equity
- Social media/reputation management
- Marine law/vessel charter