At Shepherd and Wedderburn, our Banking and Finance team acts for a diverse range of financial institutions, debt funds, funders, borrowers, originators, investors and developers in meeting their needs across all main industry sectors active in the Scottish market.
We are one of the largest dedicated Banking and Finance teams in Scotland combining bright legal minds, many years of experience and an effective team resource to deliver complex solutions and challenging time sensitive projects alongside our referral partners.
In assisting our clients to achieve their goals throughout all stages of the business lifecycle, we have extensive experience in all financial disciplines from routine property finance through to securitisation and other highly structured asset or funds based transactions. We also have a leading Scottish practice in Islamic finance.
Our expertise covers:
- Asset and Receivables Finance
- Corporate and Commercial Banking
- Debt Capital Markets and Securitisation
- Financial Products and Services
- Islamic Finance
- Leveraged Finance
- Loan Book Trading
- Project Finance and Infrastructure
- Property Finance
Our reputation for quality of work and record of innovation has led both government and private sector stakeholders to involve us regularly in law reform, recent examples being the ongoing reforms of floating charges, financial collateral and charge registration.
Often involving highly complex cross-border funding structures, we draw on specialists from across our team and the wider business to deliver innovative and tailored results. Our work with English and international law firms covers all bases, from guiding parties through the legal issues involved in finance transactions involving Scottish assets or entities incorporated in or based in Scotland, using Scottish limited partnerships as a vehicle for structured financing through to tailoring bespoke solutions for participants in debt capital markets transactions involving Scottish assets.
Click on icon to navigate to other areas of expertise
Recent Scots Counsel Articles
- The PSC Register and Scottish Shares Pledges
- Outgoing lenders be careful what you release
- Lender prevented from increasing interest rates on tracker mortgages
- Latest development in interest rates swaps in Scotland
- Scottish Limited Partnerships
- Scottish independence and Brexit implications for insolvency and restructuring regimes
Click on the icons below to find out more about our work.