Membership of defined contribution (DC) pensions has increased dramatically over the past few years following the rollout of automatic enrolment across the UK.
An increased regulatory focus has also brought a raft of new legislation and governance requirements, including the authorisation regime for DC master trusts. Together with the pension flexibilities introduced in 2015, the DC landscape has never looked more interesting.
The Shepherd and Wedderburn pensions team has been working with employers and trustees with DC pension schemes for many years, supporting them in providing market-leading DC pensions for their employees, while managing the complexities and risks associated with DC pension provision.
Whether you are facing challenges with your existing DC pension provision or are considering a switch to a DC master trust, we have the knowledge and market expertise to help.
The team offers a complete range of DC-related services covering:
- governance: advising on minimum quality standards, scheme wind-ups, consolidation and bulk transfers, chair’s statements, and employer and independent governance committees;
- benefits: advising on new scheme set-ups, tax, auto-enrolment, and pension flexibilities;
- member communications and engagement: conducting member communication reviews (for compliance and best practice) and advising on disclosure requirements;
- investment: advising on trustee and employer duties, platform and other investment agreements, charges and default funds; and
- master trusts: advising on set-up, registration and supervision, reviewing documentation and negotiation for new entrants/transfers-in.