Scheme funding is a fundamental concern for all pension scheme trustees. Ensuring that the scheme has the right funding arrangements in place gives confidence that member benefits will be paid in full and on time.
Employers must also grapple with scheme funding, making sure that they fulfil their legal obligations without compromising their ability to build a successful and thriving business that is able to support the scheme in the long-term.
All this comes in context of an ever-increasing regulatory environment and a Pensions Regulator that is scrutinising scheme funding arrangements like never before.
Are you looking for specialist input on scheme funding negotiations? Or, are you seeking advice on innovative funding solutions to help meet your liabilities?
We have the knowledge and expertise to help.
The team offers a complete range of services covering:
- funding negotiations: advice and front-line support on all aspects of scheme funding negotiations, balancing the latest legal and regulatory thinking with a pragmatic, ‘can do’ attitude;
- documentation: drafting and negotiating scheme funding documentation including schedules of contributions and funding support agreements;
- funding solutions: advice on all aspects of banking and guarantee documentation, including PPF-compliant and commercial forms; and
- corporate activity: supporting employer and trustee clients through negotiation of funding and mitigation packages in the context of corporate activity.
We have a large team of qualified lawyers specialising exclusively in pensions law, as part of a network of other specialists across the firm with extensive experience advising on pension scheme issues in their respective areas such as court litigation, alternative dispute resolution, data protection, funds and investments and commercial contracts.
We are top ranked by the leading legal directories, with both Scots and English law qualified team members operating on a UK-wide basis.
We are committed to building long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with our clients. We adopt a user-friendly approach, balancing commerciality and technical expertise to ensure that our advice is not only technically excellent but also tailored to our clients’ individual needs and provided in a straightforward, easily digestible manner. We don’t sit on the fence and will always provide solutions-focused advice with practical recommendations on the way forward.
Our recent experience includes:
- advising on numerous scheme funding discussions and negotiations – both amicable and contentious - and subsequent documentation of agreements reached;
- drafting PPF-compliant form guarantees and advising on all aspects of the granting and submission of security for levy-saving purposes;
- advising on innovative funding solutions such as property security packages and mortgage arrangements; and
- supporting trustees and employers with Pensions Regulator involvement in funding discussions.