Our experts in Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) law are focused on ensuring that your corporate reputation is maintained, so far as possible, through any HSE investigation or prosecution. We will work to provide you with solutions to the most challenging issues throughout the UK.
HSE compliance is essential for all businesses, and non-compliance with the regulatory requirements can result in significant financial penalties. We have experience of providing HSE advice across a variety of sectors and industries such as oil and gas, energy, construction, and transport.
Our work in the UK includes:
- Providing advice to clients during investigations, liaising directly with enforcement authorities/agencies, and advising clients on any disclosure obligations;
- Advising on a wide range of HSE matters including employee injuries, chemical incidents, and fatal accidents;
- Representing clients at Fatal Accident Inquiries and Inquests;
- Our solicitors and solicitor-advocates defending clients in complex and high-stakes prosecutions and enforcement actions.
We support clients in all areas of HSE-related issues including:
- Immediate emergency response and incident investigation;
- Undertaking diligence exercises for property and corporate transactions;
- Advising on regulatory compliance, appropriate risk assessment, and the impact new legislation may have on business;
- Delivering tailored training to senior management on their HSE obligations and liabilities;
- Representing employees when being interviewed under caution.