Share incentives: What I wish I had known!
Shepherd and Wedderburn's Edinburgh office | Tuesday 12 March 2024
Share incentive schemes are a popular and effective way for UK emerging growth companies to recruit, incentivise and reward the key individuals that they need to grow their businesses. However, if not implemented and managed correctly, the existence of share incentive arrangements can significantly increase the complexities involved in delivering an eventual “exit”.
Join Shepherd and Wedderburn and Deloitte for a breakfast panel discussion that centres on the team's experience of dealing with share incentives in corporate transactions.
Key discussion topics:
- Practical issues that arise as part of a due diligence or transaction process that could have been avoided by implementing relatively straightforward processes and checks at an early stage in the incentive lifecycle
- How to ensure EMI plans deliver their intended benefit
- The importance of the right approach to documentation and tax valuation for share acquisitions
- A “client’s-eye-view” of managing a recent transaction involving a number of employee option holders, with David Jolliffe, CFO of Novosound
- David Jolliffe, CFO, Novosound
- Arran Simpson, Reward Partner, Deloitte
- Stephen Trombala, Corporate Partner, Shepherd and Wedderburn
- Rodger Cairns, Employee Share Scheme Partner, Shepherd and Wedderburn
Please forward this invitation to members of your team; intermediaries are also welcome to bring along clients who may be interested in learning more.
If you have any questions please contact email@example.com.
8:30am Registration and refreshments
9:00am Panel discussion begins
10:00am Panel session ends followed by a networking opportunity
10:30am Event ends