The Shift to Net Zero: From Ambition to Action event series
The UK Government’s Energy White Paper, published on 14 December 2020, sets out a series of historic commitments designed to assist the UK’s transition to net zero. The paper outlines a strategy based on transforming energy, supporting a green recovery and creating a fair deal for consumers.
Join our legal experts as we embark on a series of lively discussions with speakers from industry, academia and government about the impact of the ‘Green Industrial Revolution’.
Wednesday 26 May 2021: Net Zeros - the Energy Data Agenda
Our ‘Net Zero’ energy future is a digital one, with critical challenges around data ownership, cyber-security and data privacy. How will these be tackled?
Held in association with the Global Ethical Finance Initiative as part of its Path to COP26 campaign, this event will be chaired by Ashley McLean, Senior Associate in our data protection and information management practice. Ashley will be joined by David Trevithick, Principal Analyst at Delta-EE; Ian Davis, Head of Information security - Cyber & Digital at Gemserv; and Kaveh Cope-Lahooti, Senior Consultant - Cyber Security & Privacy Practice at Gemserv.
Through the lens of energy data opportunities and challenges, our panel will discuss:
- proposals for data use and sharing in the energy sector in light of the UK Government’s plans for the delivery of a digitalised energy system, as set out in the Energy White Paper;
- the benefits of data sharing in the energy sector for the UK Government’s policies and commitments for net zero; and
- the barriers to and challenges of energy data sharing and delivering a digitalised energy system, including competing regulatory frameworks and consumer trust.
Further events in The Shift to Net Zero: From Ambition to Action series
If you would like to receive notifcations with details of the upcoming events in this series, please register here.
- On-demand: Fit for Revolution?
- On-demand: Funding Net Zero
- On-demand: Bricks and Blocks
- Wednesday 12 May 2021: Growing Greener
- Wednesday 16 June 2021 (date subject to speaker confirmation): A Net Zero Basin
- Wednesday 30 June 2021 (date subject to speaker confirmation): The Green Road
Each event in the series qualifies for CPD. Click here for further information.