The Shift to Net Zero: From Ambition to Action event series
The UK Government’s Energy White Paper, published on 14 December 2020, sets out a series of historic commitments designed to assist the UK’s transition to net zero. The paper outlines a strategy based on transforming energy, supporting a green recovery and creating a fair deal for consumers.
Join our legal experts as we embark on a series of lively discussions with speakers from industry, academia and government about the impact of the ‘Green Industrial Revolution’.
Wednesday 14 April 2021: Funding Net Zero - Innovation in the Financial Sector
Achieving net zero emissions calls for capital expenditure on an unprecedented scale; how will that be mobilised at sufficient scale and pace?
Held in association with the Global Ethical Finance Initiative as part of its Path to COP26 campaign, Funding Net Zero - Innovation in the Financial Sector will be chaired by Clare Foster, Head of our Clean Energy Group and lead partner in our project finance practice. Clare will be joined by a panel of leading experts comprising Kaisie Rayner, Climate Change Lead at Royal London, Rishi Madlani, Head of Sustainable Finance & Just Transition at NatWest Group, and Iain Watson, Director of Climate Tech Capital Partners.
Through the lens of green finance and the role of the financial sector in the green recovery, our panellists will explore the following:
- how to mobilise at pace;
- collaboration and integration of sources of funding; and
- innovation to achieve a better and faster outcome.
Further events in The Shift to Net Zero: From Ambition to Action series
If you would like to receive notifcations with details of the upcoming events in this series, please register here.
- On-demand: Fit for Revolution?
- Wednesday 28 April 2021: Bricks and Blocks
- Wednesday 12 May 2021 (date subject to speaker confirmation): Growing Greener
- Wednesday 26 May 2021 (date subject to speaker confirmation): Net Zeros - the Data Agenda
- Wednesday 9 June 2021 (date subject to speaker confirmation): The Green Road
- Wednesday 23 June 2021 (date subject to speaker confirmation): A Net Zero Basin
Each event in the series qualifies for CPD. Click here for further information.