The Shift to Net Zero: From Ambition to Action event series
The UK Government’s Energy White Paper, published on 14 December 2020, sets out a series of historic commitments designed to assist the UK’s transition to net zero. The paper outlines a strategy based on transforming energy, supporting a green recovery and creating a fair deal for consumers.
Delivery of these and other key commitments, such as those in the Scottish Government’s Climate Change Plan, against the backdrop of the COVID-19 pandemic, economic volatility and the UK’s relationship with the EU post-Brexit, will require a fundamental rethink of the UK energy sector’s existing policy and regulatory framework, creating new opportunities and challenges for those active in the sector.
Join our legal experts as we embark on a series of lively discussions with speakers from industry, academia and government about the impact of the ‘Green Industrial Revolution’.
Wednesday 31 March 2021: Fit for Revolution?
We are delighted to be joined by guest speakers Dermot Nolan, Director at Fingleton and former CEO at Ofgem, and Nick Fincham, Director at Skylight Consulting and Chair of the Regulatory Policy Institute, at our first virtual event, Fit for Revolution? on Wednesday 31 March 2021, when we will examine how our existing institutions will need to evolve to support the 'Green Industrial Revolution'. In discussing these fundamental institutional challenges, we will aim to cover the following areas:
- use of markets to deliver climate policy goals;
- political and legal accountability; and
- consumer participation and engagement.
Chaired by Liz McRobb, a Partner from our energy and natural resources team, we invite you to put your questions to our panel.
Further events in The Shift to Net Zero: From Ambition to Action series
If you would like to receive notifcations with details of the upcoming events in this series, please register here.
- Wednesday 14 April 2021: Funding Net Zero
- Wednesday 28 April 2021 (date subject to speaker confirmation): Bricks and Blocks
- Wednesday 12 May 2021 (date subject to speaker confirmation): Growing Greener
- Wednesday 26 May 2021 (date subject to speaker confirmation): Net Zeros - the Data Agenda
- Wednesday 9 June 2021 (date subject to speaker confirmation): The Green Road
- Wednesday 23 June 2021 (date subject to speaker confirmation): A Net Zero Basin
Each event in the series qualifies for CPD. Click here for further information.