The Shift to Net Zero: From Ambition to Action event series
The UK Government’s Energy White Paper, published on 14 December 2020, sets out a series of historic commitments designed to assist the UK’s transition to net zero. The paper outlines a strategy based on transforming energy, supporting a green recovery and creating a fair deal for consumers.
Join our legal experts as we embark on a series of lively discussions with speakers from industry, academia and government about the impact of the ‘Green Industrial Revolution’.
Wednesday 28 April 2021: Bricks and Blocks
In response to the Government’s target to achieve “net zero” by 2035 sustainability in the built environment will have to gain significant momentum and adoption in the coming years.
Held in association with the Global Ethical Finance Initiative as part of its Path to COP26 campaign, Bricks and Blocks will be chaired by Judith Stephenson, partner in our Glasgow Property team. Judith will be joined by a panel of leading experts comprising David Wilkinson, Design Director Pre Construction at Vital Energi; Ewan MacLeod, partner in our Planning team; and another guest speaker to be announced.
In this session we explore the following challenges for property developers, planners and others in the construction sector:
- greening of the built environment – heat and power solutions;
- planning – what does the planning horizon look like in a move towards the construction and regeneration of net zero compliant buildings and homes; and
- the highs and lows of sustainable placemaking – where renewable energy meets housebuilding.
Further events in The Shift to Net Zero: From Ambition to Action series
If you would like to receive notifcations with details of the upcoming events in this series, please register here.
- On-demand: Fit for Revolution?
- Wednesday 14 April 2021: Funding Net Zero
- Wednesday 12 May 2021 (date subject to speaker confirmation): Growing Greener
- Wednesday 26 May 2021 (date subject to speaker confirmation): Net Zeros - the Data Agenda
- Wednesday 9 June 2021 (date subject to speaker confirmation): The Green Road
- Wednesday 23 June 2021 (date subject to speaker confirmation): A Net Zero Basin
Each event in the series qualifies for CPD. Click here for further information.