Shepherd and Wedderburn are committed to diversity within the organisation. The firm participates in the SRA (Solicitors Regulation Authority) annual Diversity in the Legal Profession survey. We collected responses from all employees on an anonymous basis. You can find the results of the survey findings here.
Completion of our diversity questionnaire is an integral and essential part of our recruitment procedure. Information collected from the questionnaire will be used for monitoring purposes only. It can be viewed here.
Gender pay gap report
At Shepherd and Wedderburn we are committed to fostering an inclusive culture because we believe our clients, colleagues and business are best served by a diverse workforce, with the multiplicity of experiences, ideas and perspectives this brings. In accordance with the Equality Act 2010 (Gender Pay Gap Information) Regulations 2017, our gender pay gap report can be found here.
Meet our diversity champions
You can click on the links below to find out about our diversity champions:
We have made significant steps forward in promoting a fair and diverse workplace, but there is always more to do. The following is an example of just some of the steps we have taken to date:
- All our employees are paid at least the Living Wage
- Attained Healthy Working Lives silver award
- Retained Disability Confident Employer badge in recognition of our work with disabled prospective and current employees
- Ensured all our line managers completed training on Unconscious Bias – on how to minimise the impact of Unconscious Bias on a range of management activities
- We have attained Investors in Young People Gold award
- We offer mentoring support for all 18 to 24 year olds within the organisation across legal and non-legal disciplines
- Launched a reverse mentoring pilot with members of LGBT Group mentoring Board Members
- Commenced working with Aspiring Solicitors – the first Scottish firm to secure this form of relationship
- Signed up to the Time to Change Pledge profiling the need to support employees suffering from a range of mental health issues
- Have a Mental First Aider in each office and rolled out a webinar to all partners on Managing Mental Health in the Workplace
- Continued and expanded our work with the Prime initiative promoting social mobility into the profession – we are a founding firm for the Prime Initiative in Scotland
- We offer Diploma funding and maintenance allowances for incoming trainees to promote social mobility within the profession
- The firm is a Stonewall Diversity Champion and placed 127 in Stonewall Workplace Equality Index
S+W Together is Shepherd and Wedderburn's umbrella diversity group. All our networks are inclusive and open to everyone in the firms. Our current groups are:
- LGBTIA (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex and Allies)
- Healthy Working Lives/Disability
- Race, Faith & Beliefs
- Social Mobility
Our work in promoting equality and diversity in the workplace goes on and we look forward to sharing our further achievements in this area with you.