We currently have an opportunity within our Restructuring and Business Advisory team for a restructuring and insolvency lawyer based in Glasgow with c. 3-5 years PQE.
Our Restructuring and Business Advisory team is one of the leaders in the market. We advise companies and all classes of stakeholders on the full spectrum of issues that arise in corporate restructuring, insolvency and turnaround matters and pride our self on our responsive, commercial approach.
The role is to join our Restructuring and Business Advisory team. The role will include:
- Advising companies and boards on issues relating to financial stress and distress, turnaround and restructuring options, directors’ duties and insolvency.
- Advising lenders in relation to their relationships with borrowers facing financial difficulty.
- Advising suppliers, customers, landlords and other stakeholders of the implications of counter-party distress/insolvency.
- Working with insolvency practitioners to affect sales of business and assets in time pressured situations.
- Acting for purchasers acquiring businesses through accelerated M&A processes
- Providing tailored training to clients.
The team works closely with colleagues from across the firm, especially from real estate, banking and finance, corporate and commercial dispute resolution.
We are looking for someone who enjoys the challenges of working in a fast paced environment and is keen to engage in the business development elements of the role as well as the advisory and technical aspects.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience in corporate restructuring and insolvency, including a good working knowledge of insolvency processes, experience of acting in business sale transactions, and a strong understanding of finance and security documentation.
- Great communication skills
- Strong analytical and drafting skills
- A desire to find innovative and commercial solutions for clients
- A keenness to build and develop strong working relationships with our clients
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org – please also complete a confidential diversity questionnaire on http://www.swsurvey.co.uk/graduate/index.php/534598?lang=en quoting reference GFG00002.
This is a full-time, permanent post. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package with excellent career prospects.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Shepherd and Wedderburn is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information that we collect as a "data controller". The information provided by you will be processed in accordance with our GDPR Privacy Notice for Applicants and Work Experience Students. If you are successful in obtaining paid employment with us, we will hold your information in accordance with our Personnel Data Retention Policy, which will be provided to you at the relevant time.
We will process the information you provide solely for the purpose of evaluating your application for employment. The information will be disclosed to the interview panel (if relevant), your line manager (if appointed), and Human Resources staff members. We may contact any references provided for the purposes of discussing your application, and will ask your permission before doing so.
If you provide any information deemed to be “special category” information under the General Data Protection Regulation, we may use this as follows:
- We will use information about your disability status to provide appropriate adjustments to the interview process.
- We will use any information provided in our diversity monitoring form about your race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender identity, gender expression, social mobility background, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, any disability information, age, and marital/civil partnership status to ensure meaningful equal opportunity monitoring and reporting. Any analysis of this data will be done on an anonymous basis.
Should your application be unsuccessful, the information provided will be deleted within 1 year of a decision not to progress your application.
If you have any further questions about how we process and store your information, or your rights in relation to this, please refer to our GDPR Privacy Notice for Applicants and Work Experience Students.
|Solicitor 3+PQE.pdf||95.7 KB|