We currently have an opportunity for a Newly Qualified Banking & Finance lawyer based in Scotland (Edinburgh or Glasgow) within our multi-award winning Banking & Finance practice group, part of the firm’s wider Corporate division.
Our Banking & Finance team is one of the largest in Scotland with a busy and diverse practice, acting for a range of financial institutions, sponsors, corporate borrowers and other finance sector participants, covering a comprehensive range of services, including corporate lending, real estate finance, securitisation and structured finance, real estate finance, clean energy and infrastructure finance and financial regulation.
The role will include:
- Advising our clients throughout the UK, as lead counsel for the lender or borrower, on a variety of transactional banking matters using bespoke or Loan Market Association precedent documentation, including secured corporate lending, acquisition finance, leveraged finance, real estate finance, clean energy and infrastructure financing;
- Advising our clients throughout the UK as Scots counsel on the Scottish aspects of cross-border financings, including securitisation and structured financing, loan book trading and warehouse financing;
- Developing expertise in the sectors within which our clients operate, including finance, energy, technology, hospitality and food and drink; and
- Providing advice to our financial institution clients on products, services and other regulatory matters.
The role will involve working closely with colleagues in our Restructuring & Business Advisory, Real Estate and Corporate Finance teams.
The successful candidate will have acquired some experience during their traineeship in banking and finance and will display an enthusiasm for proactive transaction and project management, strong technical and drafting skills, the ability to provide and to communicate practical and commercial advice as well as good team-working skills. Although not essential, experience of working with or an interest in legal technology products such as e-signing and transaction management platforms, document automation software and AI contract analysis software would also be beneficial.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org – please also complete a confidential diversity questionnaire here quoting reference CFE0004.
This is a full-time, permanent post. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package with excellent career prospects.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Please note that we are not accepting applications for this role from agencies at this time.
- We will use information about your disability status to provide appropriate adjustments to the interview process.
- We will use any information provided in our diversity monitoring form about your race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender identity, gender expression, social mobility background, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, any disability information, age, and marital/civil partnership status to ensure meaningful equal opportunity monitoring and reporting. Any analysis of this data will be done on an anonymous basis.
|Banking and Finance NQ.pdf||142.43 KB|